These are some bird pics from the spring. I had a lot of traffic here for a couple weeks when the cedar tree berries were just right.
This is some kind of woodpecker, right?

Him and his wife...
This is some kind of woodpecker, right?
Him and his wife...
This might be a different bird. They would hand upside down and get the berries at the ends of the branches.
I loved this little guy. Doesn't he look so fluffed up and cold?
He's noticed me. Not amused by the attention I guess.

4 comments:
i think the first photo is a norther flicker. i'm not sure, i have never seen one. was i allowed to use google? ;) the third photo (and it looks like the second one too) is a yellow bellied sap sicker identifiable by red on its head AND throat.
Definitely not a "red headed" -- red bellied maybe. The one on the tree trunk looks almost like a harry or a downy, but I am not sure about the size. They are much smaller than the red bellied.
Your mom
whoa! photo finish :D great pictures by the way.
a few more notes: the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker is also identifiable by the white streak on its side. and as we should have guessed, the last photos are of a Yellow-rumped Warbler. the yellow spot is "distinctive" according to my guide :) i just saw one in Austin last week. they come to Texas from Canada!
Post a Comment