Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Leader hatches

I'm not sure if "hatches" is the right word.  I'm sure Parker knows, but if I ask her, she'll be hanging over my shoulder for the duration of this post, and then you won't have any words to read.  

A few days after Follower came out of his chrysalis, so did Leader.  He looks exactly like Follower, even though his chrysalis was green and not brown, so I guess he was either camouflaging himself, or he had just eaten a lot more parsley.  

Leader was a much friskier butterfly than Follower, so I don't have any pictures of him in captivity - I was afraid to open the lid.  He hatched first thing in the morning, but Parker insisted I keep him cooped up until after Bob go home to see him.  
Releasing Leader

He immediately flew up over the top of the roof, and I didn't get a good picture.  He looked just like his roommate though.  


Good closeup of Follower


Note to Aunt Norma - Thanks for noticing our Vitex - it is a Shoal Creek variety - we planted it last year and we are enjoying its color immensely this spring and summer!  It seems to bring out the color of all the other blooming plants. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: