Monday, August 23, 2010

Parker is a first grader!

I'm a little sore from doing handsprings and clicking my heels in the air, but I'll try to write a little something.  
Drop off went well....when we got there, most of the class were there already (translation:  we were running a little late), so Parker seemed a little shell shocked, but she found her seat and the place to put her backpack, and that was it. 

Here are the traditional pictures.  I think next year I'm going to change the tradition and post the pictures on the SECOND day of school.  Usually on the first day, by the time I get everything edited and put together just so, half my day is gone, and I'm way behind on all the things I had planned for the day:  hearing myself think, completing a task without interruption, and a lot of other NOTHING. 







I did my best to line things up and scale them the same, but it's still not quite a 1:1 comparison because she doesn't always stand the same distance away from the door.  Also this year, we've added the hip out/slouch pose. Remember, you can click on the pictures to see them larger in their own window.

I feel like I should have made her dress up more, but this is her uniform right now:  denim shorts and tshirt with a cat or dog on the front.  As soon as I let her, we'll change that to tshirts and jeans.  I sort of wish she'd want to get more dressed up, but it's hard to complain about only buying $5 tshirts.  You can also see how much my standards have dropped when you look at her footwear.  It doesn't show, but I did at least give her a fresh coat of polish on her toenails.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: