Sometime in September, I signed a volunteer form at Parker's school saying I'd be willing to provide baked good for various school events, and this week they held me to it. Her school has Spaghetti With Santa every Christmas, which is a fundraiser spaghetti dinner (and dessert) and Santa is available to have your picture taken with. Excuse my bad sentence structure.
Since Parker LOVES to cut things out with cookie cutters, I decided to try making decorated sugar cookies. I've assisted with this before, but never done them on my own. I told a mom I know with a 2nd grader what I was doing and she laughed and shook her head and said "newbie!". I guess by the time they get to 2nd grade, everyone just does slice and bake.
Here's Parker, doing one of her favorite parts. It's difficult to slow her down enough to fit all the cuts close together, and to not mangle the cookies after they're cut with her hot little hands. I felt like I spent a lot of time saying "wait! don't touch! Wait! "
Since Parker LOVES to cut things out with cookie cutters, I decided to try making decorated sugar cookies. I've assisted with this before, but never done them on my own. I told a mom I know with a 2nd grader what I was doing and she laughed and shook her head and said "newbie!". I guess by the time they get to 2nd grade, everyone just does slice and bake.
Here's Parker, doing one of her favorite parts. It's difficult to slow her down enough to fit all the cuts close together, and to not mangle the cookies after they're cut with her hot little hands. I felt like I spent a lot of time saying "wait! don't touch! Wait! "
Adding sprinkes, the best part.
I did snowflakes, angels and snowmen, and Parker did some hearts and leaves. I just did crazy designs on top of them since that was the most fun, plus I figured if I made them look sort of strange, no one will ask me to make them for their baby shower. I also added white sanding sugar on top of that for sparkle and crunch. I thought they turned out really well!

No comments:
Post a Comment