Wednesday, November 05, 2008

more complicated cooking

Last week I decided to try making sushi. I read a post on a forum where someone said it wasn't all that hard, so I thought I'd give it a try. I think I still have a long way to go before I can get mine to roll up as nicely as what you get at a restaurant or store, but they were pretty tasty, and a nice treat without paying $6 for a little snack.

Parker loooooves directions. She's looking at the rolling diagram on the back of the nori. (you knew I had 'help' with this, right?)

Pressing out the rice....



There's nothing Parker loves more than sprinkling. She's sprinkling black sesame seeds on the roll. We should have done this when it was flat, really.

The finished product:



They were very tasty. I used avacado, cucumber and (fake) crab sticks. The fist roll (pictured above) turned out HUGE because I used too large of a sheet of nori, but it still tasted pretty good. I did a few more, and added shrimp. It's tough not overstuff them with filling.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Van Zeeland's House said...

wow! that is VERY impressive!! You are supermom!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Parker with her hand on her hip is so cute!!!