Sunday, July 22, 2007

Teeth brushing ritual

While I'm thinking about it, I'll share the little game we play to get Parker to hold still to get her teeth brushed. I'd forget, but she reminds me every time. I start to brush her teeth and she says:

Parker: "wowwa ooo hee in hair?"

translated (minus toothbrush): "What do you see in there?"

And then we list off the things that we are brushing off of her teeth....all the stuff she's eaten that day. Usually a short list.

Me: "I see waffles and milk and noodles and bear crackers and carrots and yogurt...."

Sometimes I try to slip in something that she didn't eat to see if she's listening and she always corrects me. And if I forget one, she corrects that too.

--------------------------------

Another funny thing she's doing now is saying "me three". But she says it when "me too" would make more sense. Her reasoning is that she's three years old, so she tells me every time.

Me: "I want something to drink"

Parker: "Me three! Haha I said 'me three' because I'm three."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, shes already playing word games

Anonymous said...

It's neat that you figure out ways to make day to day stuff fun.
We had a bunch of cats when Emily was growing up...so she was familiar with how mama cats cleaned their babies. She would let me wash her face as long as I pretended to lick it clean. Of course, I used a wash cloth, but since she shut her eyes, I'm not sure what she thought I was using. I had to chant, "Mama kitty, mama kitty, meow, meow, meow."

Anonymous said...

gross! you could have told her that privately instead of for the whole world to see!