Friday, December 06, 2013

Ice and sleet

Here are some pictures of the ice and sleet we got last night.  There's a thick layer of it on the ground and the trees are coated in ice.  Lots of people are losing trees and limbs.

 I only have pictures of Fisher out in it though....Parker high-tailed it to her friend's house first thing this morning.  I think their plan is to spend part of there day there, and part of it here.  They were going to play outside until they got too cold, and then come in and do Dance Party on the Wii.

Fisher was VERY unsure about the surface and how it gives way under your feet/paws.  It took a lot of convincing to get him off the porch this morning to potty.


Big branch snapped off the tree in our front yard.  :-(


Fisher found a stick-sickle



The crepe myrtles bent over with ice


Since I don't have any Parker pics, here are some of her making a corn husk doll.  They read Indian Captive in her Integrated Studies class (social studies + reading/language arts) and her role for her literature circle was Artful Artist.  Instead of the slapdash stick figure picture she drew, I encouraged her to make a doll like the native americans in her book did.  She protested a bit, but had fun making it and was very pleased with the outcome.  I don't have a picture of the finished doll unfortunately.  When/if she brings it home, I'll post one.






No comments: