Monday, October 31, 2011

Recent sewing projects

Lucky for blog addicts, I'm on house arrest while our floors are being redone, so I'm getting some pictures posted.
I"m sure I've mentioned before that Parker is OBSESSED with stuffed animals, and all tiny animal figurines.  She builds them homes and dresses them up.  It's hard to find clothes for a tiny horse, especially when no one is interested in taking you horse clothes shopping.  Parker is finding ways to make her own....there's a puppy dog somewhere that has a tube dress made from the plastic bag that comes on the newspaper.  One saturday morning, she was struck with the need to actually SEW something.
So I found an old tshirt and had her trace out a pattern with a sharpie and cut it out.  I pinned and she sewed using my machine. 


Ta Daaaa.  The pattern needs some adjustment, but I'm told that the horse doesn't it mind it being non-form fitting because he just sleeps in it. She's been bugging me for a little sewing machine, but I'm thinking I'll just pass mine down, and ~I'll~ get a new one. 

Here's something I did.  Parker wants some "loungewear" made from  tshirt material, similar to some I have.  She's requested that I give them to her when I grow out of them, but since I'm hoping that won't happen, I found a youtube video tutorial that shows you how to make yoga pants out of an old tshirt. 

Notice that I salvaged the pocket.  It has a cool logo from an electrical company.

Ta daaa.  The finished product is just as sloppy looking and ill fitting as most of the home sewn stuff I see on the internet.  This pattern may need an adjustment as well.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: