Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting Ready for School

We've passed the half way point in the summer and the weeks are going to start sliding by more quickly now....although the days are still pretty long.  Especially when it's 104F day after day.  I don't think I've posted a close up of Parker's missing front tooth, so here it is.  The big tooth is already growing in.  Also notice the feather.  I hope it'll pass dress code when school starts.

We did some back to school shopping the other day....she did a little fashion show for me.  This is going to be her signature look I think.  The bottoms are 'jeggings'....jeans+leggings.  And the plaid shirt is her new favorite.  She's found a loophole in the Can't Wear The Same Shirt Every Day rule by calling it a vest. 


More jeggings.  Notice the shoes.  I found white Converse on clearance for $4, and I let her paint them.




Here's a blast from the past.  2 years ago, before kindergarten, we did a similar fashion show.  I was trying to show her all the different ways she could wear all the cute clothes I had gotten her.  My plan was to print them out for a little 'look book' for her so she could pick out her outfits from that.  But the white 'backdrop' I tried to construct was too small and I was defeated and lost interest, so I never printed them or posted more than one or two.  I'm pretty sure this was the only time most of these clothes every saw the light of day. 

I tried to include a little slide show of all the rejected kindergarten fashions underneath this....hopefully it works. 





When Parker was a toddler, older ladies would come up to me in the grocery store and admire Parker and tell me to "enjoy it, they grow up so fast".  I never really found that to be true until lately, but I think I'm going to start going up to moms with 2 year old dressed in cute floral dresses and hair bows and let them know that their days of choosing their daughter's clothing are seriously limited. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing there but a blank space. Try again. mom