We've had a jam packed schedule the past few weeks, which is why the blog had been so quiet. I did a project for Bob's company that turned out to be WAY more time consuming an involved that I realized it would be. Apparently when you tell a construction company that you'll have something to them at a certain time....they hold you to it. I've basically worked full time for the last month. But happily..hopefully...I'm DONE (knock on wood that they don't call me tomorrow for changes).
The trouble with working is that I don't really have child care in the afternoons. They have a after school program at Parker's school, but she's already so fried just from normal school, I'd rather have her at home. I had a 6th grader from down the street come over a couple days a week to amuse Parker while I worked, and the rest of the time she had to amuse herself.....not usually her strong suit. She did pretty well though...lots of coloring and dreaming up crafts. Lots of time on the computer and probably more tv than I'd like. Here's how we spent our time this past Monday, a holiday:
The trouble with working is that I don't really have child care in the afternoons. They have a after school program at Parker's school, but she's already so fried just from normal school, I'd rather have her at home. I had a 6th grader from down the street come over a couple days a week to amuse Parker while I worked, and the rest of the time she had to amuse herself.....not usually her strong suit. She did pretty well though...lots of coloring and dreaming up crafts. Lots of time on the computer and probably more tv than I'd like. Here's how we spent our time this past Monday, a holiday:
And making Shrinkey Dinks....
When she's not coloring, cutting or complaining, Parker is reading. All her sentences start with "how do you spell....." or "I can spell...." . She continues to pick out words on signs and packages and I expect her to be a very independent reader very soon. She even wrote a book a couple weekends ago. I need to remember to scan it and post it. Stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment