Friday, August 21, 2009

The day before

'Twas the night before Kindergarten and all through the house...
a small creature was stirring
and tossing and turning

and giggling and talking
and asking questions
and full of energy when she should be sleeping.

I realize that doesn't rhyme. Maybe Holly will whip up a rhyming diddy and post it in the comments.
Parker is super excited about the big day tomorrow. Yesterday around bedtime she was VERY anxious.....I made the mistake of bringing it up during story reading and she totally fell apart. Today she had a bit of a stomach ache and some reflux troubles, most likely from not eating....which I relate to anxiety about school starting, but maybe it was just a fluke.

We have our outfit all picked out and road tested (she can snap the snaps on the pants, and the shoes have velcro....we are still a few days away from being able to tie shoelaces). It's not the one in the photo below, that one was one that I did when we had a little 'fashion show' earlier in the week. I had her put on several outfit combination so she could see what can go together and I'm going to print them out so she'll have a little 'look book' of her outfits.
Yes really.
I'm trying to avoid the situation where she has only 2 things she'll wear.




After my last post, I got the following comment about our clothing battles:
"Do not make Parker dress like everyone else..."
but you don't understand, it's not ME making her dress this way. She has completed a detailed analysis of what 'big girls' (i.e. older girls....3rd-6th graders) wear, and she has determined that it is:

1. hair in low ponytail (not high, must be low)
2. jeans
3. tshirts
4. flip flops

This is a fine uniform except it's hard to find (non-babyish) shirts to fit her and it will be too hot for jeans for a while, and she can't wear flip flops to school.

At least the hair part will be easy.

Tune in tomorrow afternoon for the first day pictures and the day's recap!

(ps, I've removed the black nail polish, she has a sensible pink on there now)





Posted by Picasa

No comments: