Sunday, August 09, 2009

Back to Ballet

A couple months ago Parker announced that she was ready to go back to ballet lessons. I'm not sure why she took a break, but she has been happy just to put on her ballet stuff and dance around the house up until now. Of course she had grown out of everything except for her ponytail holder, so we made a trip to the fancy dance store and had her re-outfitted. She was thrilled of course.

We've switched studios to one closer to home. It's not your normal dance place either, it's a serious ballet conservatory, whatever that means. I got very nervous at the beginning of her first lesson when I heard the teacher explaining that they are to answer "Oui, Madam" instead of "yes ma'am" .



But Parker loved it and did really well. There is definitely a no-nonsense approach at this studio, but Parker loves a structured teaching environment. At the end of her class, the next class had accumulated in the lobby...little girls probably ages 7-9 all decked out in their ballet gear w/ their hair in buns. Parker loved seeing the 'older ballerinas'.

In addition to the usual spring recital they get to participate in the city production of The Nutcracker at Christmas. I was thrilled about this....until I saw the dates of the production. It's the same day as the White Rock Marathon/Half Marathon that Bob and I usually run. So things that weekend should get very interesting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carla,

Your Momma sent me your blog address. I am so pleased to see your beautiful daughter, Parker. You are Bob have a lot of fun together and that is really nice. I am on facebook if you want to sometime get in and see my pictures. My e-mail address is dkeathley@hotmail.com. Write me. Love Poppy