Emily's comment on the New Belt post, "don't think i didn't notice the toenail polish/shirt coordination" reminded me that Parker has a new favorite color. Blue. Prior to now her favorite color to wear has been pink, followed by purple. But now it's blue, followed by red. She's also a big fan of the red, white and blue combo, what she calls "4th of July colors". She has about 3 blue shirts that she alternates, and gets very agitated when they aren't clean.
The holy grail of all shirts is the one in the picture. It meets all her standards.
Blue? check.
Halter? check.
Sparkles? check.
Notice that "clean?" was not one of the requirements. Neither is "fits?" or "doesn't have a raggedy hem?". Last week she was about 5 minutes away from going to school in pajamas because none of her blue shirts were clean and I wouldn't allow her to wear a dirty one.
This is not bad timing, since we need to get her lots of new school clothes...she's finally outgrown some things, but I am still having a LOT of anxiety about back to school shopping. I'm wistfully remembering the days when I could dress her up like my little doll. Now, I'm just trying to prevent her from being sent home from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment