This weekend was the annual neighborhood 4th of July Extravaganza. It always kicks off with a parade. Since Bob and I always run on saturday mornings, it's a bit of a race to get our runs done before the parade starts. This year we had a drum line that marched in the front. The rest is kids with decorated bikes, folks showing off their classic cars, and people on lawnmowers.
Drum line
Decorate Golf Carts
New this year: a gal on horseback
And so I don't get complaints, here's a picture of Parker
She had a very full day on the 4th. After the parade there were kid games and other activities that she attended. The evening ends with fireworks and a band, which we attended. Parker and her friends were only mildly interested in the fireworks, they were way more involved in playing with the glow necklaces we brought. We were all up until midnight, which does nothing to help our lingering California jetlag. Hopefully we can finally get back on a normal sleep schedule this week.
I'm still working on the vacation pictures/posting. Hopefully by Tuesday I'll have something up.
I'm still working on the vacation pictures/posting. Hopefully by Tuesday I'll have something up.

No comments:
Post a Comment