Thursday, June 04, 2009

Summer fun and games

We're nearly done with our second week of summer. "Real" summer starts next week....all the schools are finally out, and we'll have a few more choices of people to play with.

Today I bought Parker a stop watch. I figured she would enjoy timing herself and her friends and it would reinforce double digit numbers and greater than, less than, etc. Tonight we needed to burn off a little energy, so we timed her running laps around the house. She LOVED it, we had to make her stop for bathtime or she'd still be going.

For added resistance and silliness, she did most of the laps carrying a stuffed puppy and a pool noodle.


"Ready, Steady, Go!!"


Home stretch

Her best time was about 35 seconds...but if we added some obstacles, it could take her up to a minute.

(stand by...I think my sister/nephew have a similar story of doing laps around the house....but theirs involves being chased by a rooster. Or maybe I'm mixing up 2 stories)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sister paula said...

yep.....

Back in Overton, when company was visiting, when the conversation slowed, I would liven things up by asking,"Y'all want to watch John run the rooster?" Nobody ever said "No."
So John would go find the rooster, throw a rock or something at him, and take off running. We'd stand on the porch cheering him on. If I remember correctly, he could make two complete runs around the house before he'd have to jump on the porch. We never thought to get a stopwatch, but I'm sure that early training helped him run hurdles in the Texas State Track Meet. Keep Parker running!!

emily said...

that's what rednecks do when the bug zapper breaks

emily said...

birthday pictures please!!