Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ski Trip


We've just returned from our annual ski trip. This year we went to Steamboat Springs with a group from Bob's work. It was a great trip - Bob and I could really tell that we have improved our fitness levels. I even skied down a Black slope (the hardest) with out getting stuck.
We had Texas-like weather...in that it changed frequently. The first day of skiing it was sunny and relativly warm, but with high winds. The next day there was about 6" of new powder (see trees in background) and it snowed most of the day, with VERY poor visibility and much colder. The third day started out like the day before, but ended up sunny. On the day we left, the temperature at the base was 10F....I'm glad we missed that.

I still haven't mastered smiling with ski goggles on. They smush your cheeks down.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

(Hi - I'm Holly's sister.) Good for you skiing Black! I haven't been that brave yet! How was Steamboat Springs? I've heard it's great. We've been to Breckenridge the last few years and really love it. Unfortunately due to my school schedule, we're not able to go skiing this year. ~LA