Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend notes

It was another super busy weekend around here. We had the neighborhood garage sale, and I babysat some of my neighbor's kids as a favor. I warned her in advance that Bob would be watching the TX/OU game, and I was not responsible for any new language they acquired. Luckily he remained mostly in control and of course was thrilled with the results. When the final seconds ticked off the clock, the threw open all the door to the house and blared The Eyes Of Texas and the fightsong for all the neighborhood to enjoy. I was happy he didn't streak down the street and jump in to the lake.

After that we went to a pumpkin patch to take some photos and pick out a pumpkin for school.



We've been working on our fall decor....here's a shot of the outside. Who knew there were so many choices of hairstyles for scarecrows? In the front bed, we have one with pigtails and one with curly hair. I'm refusing Parker's requests to change their hairstyles. I indulge her quite a but, but I draw the line at scarecrow hairdos.

The zinnias are looking awesome like they usually do in the fall. Next year I might try something a little different.




I planted some things for a fall garden....here's my zuccini plant. It's huge and has a couple small zuccini's on it...but they're growing pretty slowly. I also have a couple broccoli plants, which haven't done much yet, and our jalapeno is still going strong, with tons of peppers. I also have arugula and mixed greens planted in pots near the house. I like using the arugula on my pizzas, but the mixed greens are sort of a pain.

Next weekend I'm hoping we'll do some tree shopping. The back yard could use a little more shade, and we have a couple dead ones we need to replace. Stay tuned!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is zucchini....you dropped the "h".

I still have gourds growing....they aren't bothered by the cold....and what great craft materials.

Anonymous said...

Why would you want to try something different with zinnias next year? They look great -- don't mess with Bob's zinnias.

mom