Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sewing



Here's a quick picture of Parker and her sewing project. At Hobby Lobby I bought a little plastic mesh thing in the shape of a star, and some yarn for her to 'sew'. I guess you're supposed to do needlepoint on it but she's just sort of doing it as you would those lacing cards (we skipped those), going around the edge of one area of the star....then switching colors (her design). I'm going to have lots of ends to weave in later if she ever finishes it. She can't quite do it on her own, it sort of takes 3 hands to keep her on track, but she's enjoying it, and proud of her work. Plus, it burns up about 15 minutes of the afternoon before her attention span is spent and she's on to something else.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

emily said...

oh good, because grandma's giving up quilting. i'm glad to know i have a new contact for all my crafty needs