Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Demo day

Today, after years of talking about it, we finally began construction on the playroom/family room renovation. And by 'construction', I mean deconstruction. And by 'we', I mean the guys in this picture. As it turns out, carpenters get really jumpy when working around old wiring and someone does flash photography when they're not expecting it. Whoops.
They tore out all the old paneling and cabinets today, and soon an electrician will add some new lighting. Then we'll have new texture and paint, and new wainscoting and new built-ins. New windows and a new door too. Yahoo!
Ideally, I would not have schedule this so soon after returning from a vacation. Yesterday was ROUGH with Parker afflicted with severe jetlag and me needing to completely empty this room of 4 years of toy accumulation. We got it done though. I'll try and have vacation pictures up soon.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: