Monday, April 21, 2008

Soccer, writing and swinging alone

I should probably split all these up and save them until a dry spell, but hopefully we'll continue to have fun and interesting things to photograph and post as spring continues.

Parker had her last soccer game this weekend. It was a big deal because she played willingly (no whining, crying or bribing) and she actually kicked the ball a couple times! Bob has it on video, or I wouldn't have believed it. They handed out trophies to all the teams and she's very proud of hers. The coach said she was 'most improved' which we are choosing to view as a compliment. I wouldn't let her take the trophie to school, so I did a picture and printed it out for her. She put on her pagent-ready smile and pose for the photo.

She'd also like you to notice that she's wearing a tank top. All weekend she's been fixated on tank tops, and wearing a tank top and did anyone notice that she's wearing a tank top?


This is what I'm saving as Parker's first written name. Her K's a little strange, and her E has too many bars, but you get the idea. She writes it on her papers at school now instead of her teaching doing it for her.



And yet another milestone.....swinging by herself! This is HUGE! Bob gave her a push to get started, and then she pumped her legs and swang and swang for as long as she wanted. I don't know if I captured it, but she had such a proud look on her face. Yes, those are pajamas.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is SOOO good on her name! i can't believe she can do that! i have seen 5 year olds that can't do it that well!!! and don't worry, little kids always put lots of bars on their e's, and k's are hard!!

i bet her teachers love her, i always love the kids that i don't have to write their name on everything

Anonymous said...

oh, and the fact that her name is actually left to right is really impressive, lots of little kids just make their letters whatever, in no particular order