And I'm not talking about Parker's hair. Mrs. Cardinal is building a nest in the Japanese maple right outside the kitchen window....which is also right outside the patio door - our main thoroughfare to the back yard. I'm wondering if I should try to do something to discourage this (like remove what she's done so far) so I don't have to deal with baby birds and a PO'd mama bird every time I walk outside. If anyone has advice to offer, please share.
And here's a picture of Parker and her friends at the zoo. They always have fun climbing on stuff.

2 comments:
If Mrs. C. is building her nest with your coming and going, she knows what she is getting into. My advice would be to let her alone and enjoy watching the nest out the window. Cardinals are not as aggressive as mocking birds about their young.
Mom
just don't send Parker to school with the nest after the mother bird has abandoned it....it is a $500 fine.
Post a Comment