We had another busy weekend. On Sunday morning, I woke up to find that Landscaping Obsessed Guy had posessed Bob overnight. While I snoozed, Bob had decided that his project for the day, other than mowing the entire yard (!), would be to finally redo one of the back flower beds. In the before picture (coming soon!), you can see that there's a gigantic rose bush blob, our new Japanese Yew, and not much else. Bob elected to removed the rose bush and replace it w/ Encore azaleas. I had thought we'd leave the rose bush, but I wasn't really in a position to argue with someone motivated to dig in the dirt in the hot sun all day, so out it went. We had a couple family outings to select plants, soil and mulch and came up with 3 azaleas, some perienniel blue salvia stuff, coriopsis and lambs ear. It looks a million times better and will really look nice once it all gets established in a couple more seasons.
And Parker had a nice time digging up worms.

2 comments:
ooh she is wearing the little kid flip flops that i love! theyre just such a good idea!
Make sure you dress that child appropriately. We are all noticing every little detail. In addition to her flip-flops, I notice that she is still wearing her bracelet, plus has added another one.
Grandma G
Post a Comment