Friday, March 09, 2007

It's the thought that... makes sense

Bob is installing a new AC until this weekend, so we have all the parts and pieces stacked up in the garage...new air handler, etc, etc. Parker walks out in the garage today on the way to the car, sees all the mechanical stuff, and says "What are all these junks for?"

Tonight when I was tucking her in, she asked me
"Will you sleep in here with me for a couple whiles?"

In other news, we have been working on leaving Blankie upstairs. Now that molars are in, ear infections are over and she feels better, she doesn't really have any excuse. She is doing really well, but she is filling the void left by not sucking her fingers with more talking. Mainly questions, but some observations, request and complaints too. And most questions that I answer are met with "why?" or "but whyyyyyyyyy?". She wants me to tell her every thing about every thing she sees. Usually I just have to make stuff up. Like driving past the guard shack, she always wants to know who is on duty, and where is the one that isn't there. "Why isn't he there? Is he at home with his mom? Is he at home eating junk food? (that was tonight, I have no idea where she came up with that). Why isn't he working? Is it not his turn? Why not? But whyyyyyyyyy?".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i suppose "there is no why" wouldnt satisfy her..she sounds too smart for that